2014 Governor’s Award Winners Announced
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 10, 2014. More.
Save the Date for the Volunteerism & Service Conference
This year's conference is September 11-12, in Richmond. More.
AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Stephenie Trinity, of VCU's AmeriCorps and America Reads, is making a difference! More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
- 2014 Governor’s Volunteerism Awards AnnouncedGovernor McAuliffe… - 4/10/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of April 13-19Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 4/10/14
- Virginia’s Service Community is on Facebook!If you're involved in volunteering and service across the Commonwealth and want to stay connected to others with a similar passion for service, like us at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginia-Service/225415284282593?hc_location=stream. … - 9/4/13
- AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary April Spotlight: Environmental StewardshipIn honor of the AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary, April has been designated Environmental Stewardship Month! This month the Corporation for… - 4/9/14
- Virginia Youth Volunteers Receive National AwardWilliam Thomas, 15, of McLean, and Tomas Nichols, 12, of Stafford, have been named Virginia's top two youth volunteers for 2014 by The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards,… - 3/14/14
- Application Process Open for Neighborhood Assistance ProgramNonprofit organizations can apply for Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) tax credits until May 1, 2014. The purpose of the NAP is to encourage businesses, trusts and individuals to… - 3/14/14
- New OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal AssistanceThe final revision of the New OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Financial Assistance was released on December 26, 2013. (Visit whitehouse.gov for the OMB Circular A-133 Compliance… - 3/13/14
- AmeriCorps Member of the Month: Stephenie TrinityCongratulations to Stephenie Trinity, of Virginia Commonwealth University's AmeriCorps and America Reads program -- our January AmeriCorps Member of… - 2/28/14
- New Resource to Connect Organizations to Student InternsSouthside Community Partners has just launched its new Connect to Students webpage. This dedicated resources features a list of colleges and universities in an effort to connect community-based… - 2/13/14
- Significant Changes in Form 990The 2013 IRS Form 990 series forms and instructions for organizations exempt from income tax is now available online. Organizations will need to look at the Form 990… - 2/10/14