Wishing You Happy Holidays!
Thank you for making a difference this year! Holiday Hours.
Operation Americorps Could Help Your Community
Submit a concept paper for funding by January 13, 2015. More.
Governor’s Volunteerism Awards Nominations Open!
Deadline for submissions is January 28, 2015. More.
2015 RFP Announcement for Virginia AmeriCorps Programs
Virginia-based public and nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply. More.
Volunteerism Conference Celebrates Service!
More than 500 energized Virginians gathered in Richmond for training and service. More.
- 2015 RFP Announcement for Virginia AmeriCorps ProgramsThe Office on Volunteerism and Community Service (OVCS) is preparing for the 2015-2016 AmeriCorps Program Year. On October 31, 2014,… - 10/31/14
- Office on Volunteerism & Community Service Holiday HoursVirginia State Government Closing Dates for the 2014 Holiday Season The Office on Volunteerism and Community Service wishes you and your family a safe, happy, and… - 12/11/14
- Operation Americorps Could Help Your CommunityDo you have a community problem that needs a transformational solution? Submit a concept paper for Operation AmeriCorps. … - 12/10/14
- November is National Adoption MonthThis month, there will be national attention on the urgent need for adoptive families across the country. More than 100,000… - 11/3/14
- Daniel Lockey Receives Wone AwardDaniel Lockey, a volunteer with the Foster Grandparent program, was honored as the recipient of the 2014 Robert E.… - 9/15/14
- Governor Announces Appointments to Board on Service & VolunteerismGovernor Terry McAuliffe has announced the latest appointments to the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The Advisory Board communicates with the Governor and Cabinet Secretaries on… - 9/9/14
- Governor McAuliffe to Keynote Volunteerism & Service ConferenceGovernor Terry McAuliffe will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, presented by the… - 8/25/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14