AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Stephenie Trinity, of VCU's AmeriCorps and America Reads, is making a difference! More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
AmeriCorps Celebrates 20 Years of Service!
More than 820,000 AmeriCorps members have taken the oath to "get things done for America to make our people safer, smarter, and healthier.” More.
Healthcare Changes Are Here: What You Need to Know
- Virginia’s Service Community is on Facebook!If you're involved in volunteering and service across the Commonwealth and want to stay connected to others with a similar passion for service, like us at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginia-Service/225415284282593?hc_location=stream. … - 9/4/13
- AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary March Spotlight: Healthy FuturesIn honor of the AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary, March has been designated Healthy Futures Month! This month the Corporation for… - 3/10/14
- Save the Date: Virginia Volunteerism Conference in SeptemberThe Office on Volunteerism and Community Service (OVCS) and the Virginia Service Foundation have announced plans for the 2014 Volunteerism and Service Annual Conference. The conference will be held… - 3/10/14
- 3rd Annual STEM Essay Contest for GirlsGovernor McAuliffe and the Virginia Council on Women, in collaboration with the Science Museum of Virginia, have announced the 3rd annual STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)… - 3/10/14
- What Are You Doing for Global Youth Service Day?Youth Service America's Global Youth Service Day, April 11-13, is the largest service event in the world and is designed… - 3/10/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of March 9-15Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 3/7/14
- Honor Richmond Volunteers for Volunteer WeekNominate an outstanding Richmond volunteer or yourself until March 18, in honor of National Volunteer Week, April 6-20, 2014. The awards are part of events planned by the… - 3/5/14
- Scholarships to Attend Prevention of Elder Abuse ConferenceThe Virginia Coalition for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (VCPEA) announces scholarships available to attend the 2014 VCPEA Conference, May 28-30, 2014. Applications are due by April 16, 2014.… - 3/5/14
- AmeriCorps Member of the Month: Stephenie TrinityCongratulations to Stephenie Trinity, of Virginia Commonwealth University's AmeriCorps and America Reads program -- our January AmeriCorps Member of… - 2/28/14
- Registration Open for Child Abuse Prevention ConferenceRegistration is now open for Virginia's Child Abuse Prevention Conference on April 7, in Richmond. The conference is presented by the Virginia Department of Social Services and Prevent Child… - 2/24/14