Register Now for the 2013 Conference on Volunteerism
The conference is June 13 in Virginia Beach. Register now.
Does your organization need resources?
AmeriCorps could be the solution. Find out more about AmeriCorps in Virginia.
Hurricane Sandy: The Commonwealth Responds
Get the information you need with this comprehensive toolkit for volunteering and service.
Volunteer in Virginia
Last year 1.7 million Virginians volunteered. Virginia averaged 231 million hours of service worth $5.1 billion. Find volunteer opportunities.
The Office on Volunteerism and Community Service serves organizations that strengthen their communities through volunteerism and service. Learn more.
- Virginia Sales Tax Holiday, May 25-31Virginia's annual emergency preparedness Sales Tax Holiday is May 25-31. Virginians are encouraged to take advantage of this sales tax holiday to get ready for hurricane and flash flooding… - 5/23/13
- Next Generation in High-tech Disaster HelpExperts say that every household should have an emergency preparedness kit. Now, disaster-themed apps and gadgets are competing for space among traditional supplies. Anne Marie Borrego with The American… - 5/23/13
- How You Can Help Communities in Oklahoma After Devastating TornadoLess than 24 hours after a devasting tornado destroyed a large portion of Moore, OK, the American Red Cross is already on the ground working to help the community.… - 5/21/13
- Senior Volunteering Highest in a DecadeAccording to data released by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), senior volunteering hit a ten-year high in 2011. More than 20 million older Americans donated nearly… - 5/20/13
- Virginia’s First Fire and EMS Memorial Week, June 1-8Govrnor McDonnell as designated that June 2-8, be recognized as Virginia's first Fire and EMS Memorial Week. The week will serve to honor and remember those who have made… - 5/20/13
- Help for Communities Hit by Foreclosures Available from the Virginia Housing Trust FundAs part of the Virginia Trust Fund's response to the ongoing effects of home foreclosures in Virginia, $1 million has been set aside for a demonstration program, the Virginia… - 5/15/13
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) Expedition Volunteers Needed!Who: Remote Area Medical Volunteer Corps in association with The Health Wagon What: HEALTH PRACTICIONERS DESPARATELY NEEDED! When: July 19 - 21, 2013 / 6:00am daily … - 5/9/13
- Nominations Being Accepted for Preparedness AwardsThe Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is now accepting applications for its Individual and Community Preparedness (ICP) Awards. Please nominate outstanding individuals, organizations, Citizen Corps Councils, and programs working… - 5/7/13
- May is Older Americans MonthMay 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Older Americans Month. At the Older Americans Month (OAM) website, you can download materials, get suggestions on how you can spread… - 5/7/13
- May is Elder Abuse Prevention MonthWith elder abuse on the increase in America, Elder Abuse Prevention Month is designed to bring awareness to the issue. The number of known cases of elder abuse in… - 5/2/13