Virginia is the First Employer of National Service!
If you are an AmeriCorps or Peace Corps Alum, Virginia wants to hire you. Find out more.
Governor’s Volunteerism Awards Nominations Open!
Deadline for submissions is January 28, 2015. More.
Volunteerism Conference Celebrates Service!
More than 500 energized Virginians gathered in Richmond for training and service. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
- Virginia is First State to Become Employer of National ServiceGovernor McAuliffe and First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe announced today that the Commonwealth of Virginia is the first state in the… - 1/27/15
- Time is Running Out! Nominations Due for Volunteerism AwardsThe deadline for nominating outstanding volunteers for the 2015 Governor's Volunteerism and Community Service Awards is 6:30 p.m., January 28,… - 1/26/15
- Nominate a Child Welfare HeroThe 2015 Child Welfare Certificate of Appreciation Awards given by the Family and Children’s Trust Fund of Virginia (FACT) are accepting nominations until 5pm on Friday, February 20,… - 1/14/15
- Daniel Lockey Receives Wone AwardDaniel Lockey, a volunteer with the Foster Grandparent program, was honored as the recipient of the 2014 Robert E.… - 9/15/14
- Governor Announces Appointments to Board on Service & VolunteerismGovernor Terry McAuliffe has announced the latest appointments to the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The Advisory Board communicates with the Governor and Cabinet Secretaries on… - 9/9/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14
- Virginia First Lady Kicks Off Summer Food Service ProgramFirst Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, USDA Officials, and Hampton Roads leaders gathered at Coleman Place Elementary School in Norfolk to kick… - 7/10/14
- Virginia Citizen Corps Superstar AwardsThe Virginia Department of Emergency Management and Virginia Citizen Corps recently recognized volunteers in preparedness and response communities across Virginia at the 5th annual Virginia Citizen Corps Superstar Awards.… - 7/9/14