Registration is Now Open for the Volunteerism & Service Conference
This year's conference is September 11-12, in Richmond. More.
Day to Serve
This regional event, September 11-28, is a call to serve our communities. Find out more.
AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Fara Sloan, of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services, is making a difference! More.
2014 Governor’s Award Winners
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 10, 2014. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
- 2014 Volunteerism & Service Conference REGISTRATION IS OPEN!Registration is now open for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, September 11-12, at the Double Tree by… - 6/20/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of August 17-23Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 8/15/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Nats Fans Come Out to Support Day to ServeWashington Nationals fans came out in droves Saturday, August 2, to support Day to Serve. A portion of tickets… - 8/6/14
- AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary August Spotlight: Disaster ServicesThis month, CNCS is highlighting Disaster Services as its monthly focus to help promote the AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary. Through AmeriCorps… - 8/5/14
- Virginia Volunteerism Video ContestWe know Virginians in every corner of the state are collecting food donations, cleaning up parks, and mentoring young people. Now, we want you to tell us why you… - 8/5/14
- Community Action Agency Applications Being AcceptedThe Virginia Department of Social Services has published a Request for Application (RFA) to accept applications for consideration of designation as the Community Action Agency (CAA) for Counties of… - 7/30/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14
- Virginia First Lady Kicks Off Summer Food Service ProgramFirst Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, USDA Officials, and Hampton Roads leaders gathered at Coleman Place Elementary School in Norfolk to kick… - 7/10/14