Governor’s Volunteerism Awards Nominations Open!
Deadline for submissions is January 28, 2015. More.
2015 RFP Announcement for Virginia AmeriCorps Programs
Virginia-based public and nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply. More.
Volunteerism Conference Celebrates Service!
More than 500 energized Virginians gathered in Richmond for training and service. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
- 2015 RFP Announcement for Virginia AmeriCorps ProgramsThe Office on Volunteerism and Community Service (OVCS) is preparing for the 2015-2016 AmeriCorps Program Year. On October 31, 2014,… - 10/31/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, November 23-December 6Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 11/24/14
- November is National Adoption MonthThis month, there will be national attention on the urgent need for adoptive families across the country. More than 100,000… - 11/3/14
- Daniel Lockey Receives Wone AwardDaniel Lockey, a volunteer with the Foster Grandparent program, was honored as the recipient of the 2014 Robert E.… - 9/15/14
- Governor Announces Appointments to Board on Service & VolunteerismGovernor Terry McAuliffe has announced the latest appointments to the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The Advisory Board communicates with the Governor and Cabinet Secretaries on… - 9/9/14
- Governor McAuliffe to Keynote Volunteerism & Service ConferenceGovernor Terry McAuliffe will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, presented by the… - 8/25/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14
- Virginia First Lady Kicks Off Summer Food Service ProgramFirst Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, USDA Officials, and Hampton Roads leaders gathered at Coleman Place Elementary School in Norfolk to kick… - 7/10/14