Volunteerism Conference Celebrates Service!
More than 500 energized Virginians gathered in Richmond for training and service. More.
AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Fara Sloan, of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services, is making a difference! More.
2014 Governor’s Award Winners
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 10, 2014. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of October 26-November 1Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 10/24/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of October 19-25Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 10/16/14
- Nominate Someone for Victims’ Services AwardDo you know someone who has provided exemplary service to victims of crime in Virginia? Do you know someone who has advanced the cause of crime victims' rights in… - 10/16/14
- Volunteers Needed for Kidney WalkVolunteer opportunities are available for The Kidney Walk, October 25, in Richmond. The Kidney Walk is a wonderful way to give back to your community and support those at… - 10/8/14
- Daniel Lockey Receives Wone AwardDaniel Lockey, a volunteer with the Foster Grandparent program, was honored as the recipient of the 2014 Robert E.… - 9/15/14
- Governor Announces Appointments to Board on Service & VolunteerismGovernor Terry McAuliffe has announced the latest appointments to the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The Advisory Board communicates with the Governor and Cabinet Secretaries on… - 9/9/14
- VA State Bar Pro Bono Webinar SeriesThe Virginia State Bar, Richmond Bar Foundation, and Sands Anderson PC will present a webinar series to help explain expectations when deciding to serve on nonprofit boards. … - 9/2/14
- Governor McAuliffe to Keynote Volunteerism & Service ConferenceGovernor Terry McAuliffe will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, presented by the… - 8/25/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14