Volunteerism Conference is Sept 11-12!
Governor & First Lady McAuliffe, Senator Kaine to address conference. More.
Day to Serve
This regional event, September 11-28, is a call to serve our communities. Find out more.
AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Fara Sloan, of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services, is making a difference! More.
2014 Governor’s Award Winners
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 10, 2014. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
- 2014 Volunteerism & Service Conference REGISTRATION CLOSES SEPT 2!Registration is now open for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, September 11-12, at the Double Tree by… - 6/20/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of August 31-September 6Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 8/28/14
- Governor McAuliffe to Keynote Volunteerism & Service ConferenceGovernor Terry McAuliffe will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, presented by the… - 8/25/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Nats Fans Come Out to Support Day to ServeWashington Nationals fans came out in droves Saturday, August 2, to support Day to Serve. A portion of tickets… - 8/6/14
- AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary August Spotlight: Disaster ServicesThis month, CNCS is highlighting Disaster Services as its monthly focus to help promote the AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary. Through AmeriCorps… - 8/5/14
- Community Action Agency Applications Being AcceptedThe Virginia Department of Social Services has published a Request for Application (RFA) to accept applications for consideration of designation as the Community Action Agency (CAA) for Counties of… - 7/30/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14
- Virginia First Lady Kicks Off Summer Food Service ProgramFirst Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, USDA Officials, and Hampton Roads leaders gathered at Coleman Place Elementary School in Norfolk to kick… - 7/10/14