October AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Treat Jackson, of CALM AmeriCorps, is making a difference! More.
Is Your Organization Right for AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps Celebrates 20 Years of Service!
More than 820,000 AmeriCorps members have taken the oath to "get things done for America to make our people safer, smarter, and healthier.” More.
Healthcare Changes Are Here: What You Need to Know
2013 Governor’s Volunteerism Award Winners
Governor Bob McDonnell honored the winners of the 2013 Governor's Volunteerism and Community Service Awards on June 6.
- Virginia’s Service Community is on Facebook!If you're involved in volunteering and service across the Commonwealth and want to stay connected to others with a similar passion for service, like us at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginia-Service/225415284282593?hc_location=stream. … - 9/4/13
- National Spanish Language Enlace SessionU.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will present a free National Spanish Language Enlace Session on December 11 at 7:30 p.m. as an opportunity for Spanish speakers to engage… - 12/9/13
- AARP Seeking Tax Prep VolunteersAARP Foundation Tax-Aide, the largest free volunteer-run tax service assistance program in the nation, is looking for volunteers to serve as tax preparers and greeters. Last year alone, more… - 12/9/13
- Tax Volunteers NeededRappahannock United Way (RUW) is seeking volunteers for the 2014 Tax Season. Prior experience is not required; volunteers are trained by Rappahannock United Way and certified by the IRS.… - 12/5/13
- Rappahannock United Way - Call for Tax Service VolunteersRappahannock United Way (RUW) is seeking volunteers for the 2014 Tax Season. Prior experience is not required; volunteers are trained by Rappahannock United Way and certified by the IRS.… - 12/5/13
- Fire Safety App - Just in Time for HolidaysThe Virginia Department of Fire Programs has launched a new app entitled “FireSafe Family VA.” With the holidays arriving and… - 11/25/13
- October AmeriCorps Member of the Month: Treatrous JacksonTreatrous (Treat) Jackson is new to the CALM AmeriCorps team this program year, but in just over two months, she… - 11/25/13
- White House Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Developmental Disabilities ActOn Friday, November 15, the White House hosted an observance of the 50th Anniversary of the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, signed into law by President… - 11/22/13
- Give the Gift of Help this Holiday SeasonThis holiday season, give the gift of help by volunteering with disaster relief efforts or by making financial contributions through reputable relief organizations such as the American Red… - 11/21/13
- Nominate a Mentor Today!The 2014 Virginia Mentoring Awards salute the contributions made by mentoring programs, its volunteers, and staff to the life and welfare of young people in Virginia. Winners will… - 11/11/13