Register Now for the 2013 Conference on Volunteerism
The conference is June 13 in Virginia Beach. Register now.
Does your organization need resources?
AmeriCorps could be the solution. Find out more about AmeriCorps in Virginia.
Hurricane Sandy: The Commonwealth Responds
Get the information you need with this comprehensive toolkit for volunteering and service.
Volunteer in Virginia
Last year 1.7 million Virginians volunteered. Virginia averaged 231 million hours of service worth $5.1 billion. Find volunteer opportunities.
The Office on Volunteerism and Community Service serves organizations that strengthen their communities through volunteerism and service. Learn more.
- Help for Communities Hit by Foreclosures Available from the Virginia Housing Trust FundAs part of the Virginia Trust Fund's response to the ongoing effects of home foreclosures in Virginia, $1 million has been set aside for a demonstration program, the Virginia… - 5/15/13
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) Expedition Volunteers Needed!Who: Remote Area Medical Volunteer Corps in association with The Health Wagon What: HEALTH PRACTICIONERS DESPARATELY NEEDED! When: July 19 - 21, 2013 / 6:00am daily … - 5/9/13
- Nominations Being Accepted for Preparedness AwardsThe Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is now accepting applications for its Individual and Community Preparedness (ICP) Awards. Please nominate outstanding individuals, organizations, Citizen Corps Councils, and programs working… - 5/7/13
- May is Older Americans MonthMay 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Older Americans Month. At the Older Americans Month (OAM) website, you can download materials, get suggestions on how you can spread… - 5/7/13
- May is Elder Abuse Prevention MonthWith elder abuse on the increase in America, Elder Abuse Prevention Month is designed to bring awareness to the issue. The number of known cases of elder abuse in… - 5/2/13
- Virginia CARES Needs Mentors to Help Strengthen Families!Virginia CARES, Inc., is seeking male or female mentors to be matched one-on-one to fathers who are currently incarcerated and are within six months of release from prison. The… - 4/30/13
- Richmond Times-Dispatch Highlights VolunteerismA recent article in the Richmond Times-Dispatch recognized Volunteer Week, April 21-27, and shined a spotlight on volunteerism in the Commonwealth. Read the article. - 4/23/13
- Resources for Emergency Managers in Response to Boston AttacksThe U.S. Department of Homeland Security has prepared a list of resources for local emergency managers in the event of a catastrophic attack in your community. This information is… - 4/19/13
- disAbility Law Center Seeking Board MembersThe Virginia Office for Protection and Advocacy we will be a private nonprofit organization by the end of this year and be called the disAbility Law Center of Virginia.… - 4/12/13
- Mayor’s Day of Recognition for National Service Events Held in RichmondRichmond Mayor Dwight Jones hosted an inaugural event for the Mayors Day of Recognition for National Service on April 9, at the 17th Street Farmer's Market. This new national… - 4/10/13