Volunteerism Conference Celebrates Service!
More than 500 energized Virginians gathered in Richmond for training and service. More.
Day to Serve
This regional event, September 11-28, is a call to serve our communities. Find out more.
AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Fara Sloan, of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services, is making a difference! More.
2014 Governor’s Award Winners
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 10, 2014. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
- RFP Announcement for Virginia AmeriCorps ProgramsThe Office on Volunteerism and Community Service (OVCS) is preparing for the 2014-15 AmeriCorps Program Year. The Virginia AmeriCorps… - 9/16/14
- Register by Oct 3 for VAIRS ConferenceThe Virginia Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (VAIR) Fall Conference is October 17 in Richmond. Whether you are an independent nonprofit, individual, or someone with an interest… - 9/25/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of September 28-October 4Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are… - 9/25/14
- Daniel Lockey Receives Wone AwardDaniel Lockey, a volunteer with the Foster Grandparent program, was honored as the recipient of the 2014 Robert E.… - 9/15/14
- Governor Announces Appointments to Board on Service & VolunteerismGovernor Terry McAuliffe has announced the latest appointments to the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The Advisory Board communicates with the Governor and Cabinet Secretaries on… - 9/9/14
- VA State Bar Pro Bono Webinar SeriesThe Virginia State Bar, Richmond Bar Foundation, and Sands Anderson PC will present a webinar series to help explain expectations when deciding to serve on nonprofit boards. … - 9/2/14
- Governor McAuliffe to Keynote Volunteerism & Service ConferenceGovernor Terry McAuliffe will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, presented by the… - 8/25/14
- AmeriCorps NCCC in VirginiaAmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is a full-time, team based residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. NCCC members… - 8/11/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14