Registration is Open for the Volunteerism Conference!
This year's conference is September 30-October 1, in Roanoke. More.
Virginia is the First Employer of National Service!
If you are an AmeriCorps or Peace Corps Alum, Virginia wants to hire you. Find out more.
2015 Governor’s Award Winners
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 30, 2015. More.
2014: The Year in Service in Virginia
Last year, nearly 6,400 people participated in National Service across Virginia. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
- Governor McAuliffe Honors 2015 Volunteerism Award WinnersGovernor Terry McAuliffe honored Virginia outstanding volunteers at the 2015 Governor’s Volunteerism and Community Service Awards on April 30 at… - 5/7/15
- Governor McAuliffe Announces Advisory BoardGovernor Terry McAuliffe has announced the latest appointments to the Governor's Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with… - 6/30/15
- I’m Determined Youth & Parent Summits9th Annual I’m Determined Youth and Parent Summits Highlight Volunteerism The U.S. Department of Labor reports that the… - 6/30/15
- White House Welcomes Virginia Service & Conservation CorpsThe DCR Division of State Parks - Virginia Service and Conservation Corps AmeriCorps program members and Virginia State… - 6/29/15
- Training Opportunities & Events, June 28-July 4Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 6/25/15
- Getting Ready for Hurricane SeasonGovernor McAuliffe recently urged all Virginians to be prepared for Hurricane Season which extends through November 30. “Just as public safety and emergency officials prepare for hurricane season," Governor… - 6/24/15
- Welcome New Virginia NCCC Teams!AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) Southern Region has deployed teams in five locations in Virginia, for their second round of service projects across the Southeast. NCCC is a… - 6/24/15
- Registration is Open for the Virginia Volunteerism Conference!Early bird registration is now open for the 2015 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, September 30-October 1, in Roanoke. Attendees who register between June 15-August 14, will receive… - 6/15/15
- Updates to CommonHelpCommonHelp is the Commonwealth of Virginia’s fast and easy way to apply online for multiple Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) programs. In support of this platform and… - 6/8/15
- Governor McAuliffe Honors State EmployeesGovernor McAuliffe recently honored the recipients of the Governor's Public Service Awards at a ceremony at the Executive Mansion recognizing state employees who have demonstrated exemplary service and dedication… - 5/15/15