Registration is Now Open for the Volunteerism & Service Conference
This year's conference is September 11-12, in Richmond. More.
AmeriCorps Member of the Month
Fara Sloan, of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services, is making a difference! More.
2014 Governor’s Award Winners
Governor McAuliffe honored individuals and organizations for their extraordinary volunteer efforts on April 10, 2014. More.
2013 Impact of AmeriCorps in Virginia is $10.6 Million
AmeriCorps members served nearly 380,000 hours and recruited more than 11,000 volunteers last year. More.
2013 Volunteering and Civic Life in America
Volunteering continues to be on the increase as one in four Americans served their communities last year. More.
- 2014 Volunteerism & Service Conference REGISTRATION IS OPEN!Registration is now open for the 2014 Virginia Volunteerism and Service Conference, September 11-12, at the Double Tree by… - 6/20/14
- Community Action Agency Applications Being AcceptedThe Virginia Department of Social Services has published a Request for Application (RFA) to accept applications for consideration of designation as the Community Action Agency (CAA) for Counties of… - 7/30/14
- Preparing Older Americans for DisastersFEMA has compiled some tips to help organizatons assist seniors in times of disaster, in conjunction with a recent Delaware State Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Disaster Preparedness class.… - 7/29/14
- Support Day to Serve at Nationals GameShow your support for service at a special Day to Serve Night at the Washington Nationals game, September 2.… - 7/28/14
- Virginia Sales Tax HolidayThis weekend, Friday August 1 through Sunday August 3, purchases of qualifying school supplies under $20 and purchase of qualifying clothing and footwear under $100, are exempt of sales… - 7/28/14
- Upcoming Nonprofit Training Opportunities, Week of July 27-August 2Virginia nonprofit and service training is available throughout the Commonwealth and most sessions are free or low cost! There are workshops and webinars on fundraising, leadership, social media, volunteer… - 7/24/14
- Homelessness Decreases in the CommonwealthGovernor McAuliffe announced recently that overall homelessness in the Commonwealth has declined 7.9 percent in the last year, with a 10.8 percent decrease in family homelessness and 14 percent… - 7/10/14
- Virginia First Lady Kicks Off Summer Food Service ProgramFirst Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, USDA Officials, and Hampton Roads leaders gathered at Coleman Place Elementary School in Norfolk to kick… - 7/10/14
- Virginia Citizen Corps Superstar AwardsThe Virginia Department of Emergency Management and Virginia Citizen Corps recently recognized volunteers in preparedness and response communities across Virginia at the 5th annual Virginia Citizen Corps Superstar Awards.… - 7/9/14
- Virginia Awarded Grant Funding for VeteransVirginia was recently awarded $3.4 million in Grant Funds from the U.S. Department of Labor to develop re-employment strategies for transitioning veterans. Virginia will identify promising practices and… - 7/8/14